Wednesday, May 30, 2018

breathe


     Hello!  Thank you for stopping by to check on me!  Whew, stressful day!  Clover is in the kitchen now brewing some kind of tea for me, I think.  Either that or practicing something he read.
     Have a seat anyway, even if you’re not staying long.  Help yourself to whatever’s in the basket.  Actually I have no idea what’s in the basket at the moment.  For all I know, it could be yarn!
     Well, I’ll tell you, it definitely helps to keep one’s Support Staff in mind when one is having a stressful day, not that you didn’t already know that.  But, you know, we tend to forget when the walking-around world rubs up against us until we’re staticky with it.  All jarred and jangled.
     What helped me today, besides a gratefully-grabbed quarter-hour written conversation with Cerridwen (during which this wryly humourous exchange occurred: C: “What will you do?” Me: “Destroy them all?”  C: (Laughs) “No.”), was when, in a moment of deep palpitating stress, my dear Anubis came right into my forward field of view and had me focus on breathing, on simply matching the breathing he asked me to do.  Sometimes that’s really the key to regaining the reins in a situation that feels out of control, just simply returning to the breath, letting one’s self take deep, slow breaths, and things start to clear.  And for the rest of the day, whenever I started to slip, he was there, and I was able to take that calm.  So, grateful for that.
     I know, it’s the most basic thing, but again, sometimes we forget.  And maybe this will help you remember next time.  Whoever you’re closest to in those realms, to remember to remember to look to them, when walking-around world life has rubbed you staticky.
     All right, I know you were just passing by, and I think I hear the kettle anyway – I am not sure what Clover has cooked up but I expect I will find out in a moment!
     Oh!  What did he want to ask me last time?  Yes, I can tell you – he had overheard me talking and wanted to reassure me that he could indeed turn back into his Narrow form whenever he wanted to.  So that’s some stress less, which is always a welcome development!
     Hello, Clover!  For both of us?  That is very kind of you, thank you so much!
     Here you go – you can take the cup with you, it seems to be edible anyway, after you drink what’s inside.  I wonder what this will do!  Aha, ‘whatever we most need’ – thank you, Clover, very thoughtful as always!
     Well, safe journeys to you – enjoy the tea!  See you again soon – hopefully after a much less stressful day!
     And if it is stressful, remember – connect and breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment